The Youth Restitution Program (YRP) provides support and mentoring for youthful offenders as they work to pay restitution and/or complete court-ordered community service hours. During this restorative justice process, YRP works to instill in their young clients a sense of self-worth and helps build upon each participant’s strengths, so they may draw upon this experience at future critical junctures.
The program’s primary goals are:
- Help youth find employment to make restitution payments
- Collect restitution payments from youth and forward them to the victim
- Develop and supervise community service projects for program participants
- Connect youth with the support services they need to develop positive lifestyles
- 284 youth, ages 11-17 received services
- These youth performed community service and made $39,284 in restitution payments
- The success rate every year since 1978 has exceeded 91% (Dane Co. Dept. of Human Services stipulated goal is 85%), 94% for 2022
Work team sites and projects included Meadowwood Neighborhood Center Food Pantry, Badger Rock Neighborhood Center, food donation drives, yard care for New Bridge senior citizens, Food Bridge with New Bridge.
For more information please contact the Program Coordinator by phone at 608.669.1728 or email the Program Coordinator.