The Briarpatch Youth Shelter provides shelter and other services to homeless or runaway youth, or youth at risk of separation from their family due to conflict or other reasons. Opened in 2015, our shelter has eight beds and welcomes all youths, ages 12-17. There are an estimated 300 youth in Dane County who are homeless every night. This shelter was created to help these youth get off the streets and provide them with a safe place and services to succeed. Aside from providing shelter, we offer individual counseling, family counseling, case management and a 24-hour help line.
- 53 youth received shelter with assessment, counseling, and case management services
- 557 nights of safe housing were provided in our youth shelter
- 100% of youth attended school while in shelter
Briarpatch Youth Shelter is located at 2720 Rimrock Road, Fitchburg, WI 53713 (6 blocks south of the Beltline)
- Transportation to the shelter may be available if needed
- Admissions are accepted 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Call 608.251.1126 or 800.798.1126 for further information about our intake process
Service accessibility is a top priority for Briarpatch. All services are provided at no cost to clients.